Tuesday, August 28, 2012

King Ranch Chicken

recipe imageOk, this is my favorite dish ever.  I love how my mom makes it every time it's birthday, so this bring back memories.  I recommend that you boil the chicken in a pot first, then cut it up into chunks.  Don't forget the olives, my mom loads it up so there must be tons, to make extra yummy:)  My mom cooks tortillas and then cuts them up into pieces rather than use chips.  I think its easier to make that way too.
 
 
King Ranch Chicken Casserole
 


Ingredients:
1 (3 pound) chicken, boiled
1 (14.5 ounce) package tortilla chips
1 (10 ounce) can diced tomatoes with
green chile peppers
1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup
1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream
of mushroom soup
1 onion, chopped
3 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
1 can of diced olive, optional (required if you make it for me) 
Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 300 degrees F (150 degrees C.)
2. Layer the tortillas in a 9x13 inch casserole dish.
3. Combine the tomatoes, chicken soup, mushroom soup and onion. Pour half of mixture over chips. Layer the chicken pieces, half of the cheese and the remaining soup mixture.
4. Bake at 300 degrees F (150 degrees C) for 20 minutes. Top with the remaining cheese and return to the oven until the cheese is melted.

No comments:

Post a Comment